Making sure that you have all the bases covered with induction formalising the paperwork, and providing training can be one of the biggest chores.
As a result, you quickly realise there is more to get organised and go through with more time eating into your day than you’d ideally like.
Above all, having outstanding employees that fit with your business culture can be one of the most rewarding aspects of running your own business.
Induction for new employees
Focusing on onboarding new employees introducing them to your business culture and philosophies as well as streamlining your procedures and policies helps you to reinforce and build your brand and specific workplace culture to your new recruits.
Through this process, individuals are also more able to understand and action the key tasks of their initial role that can be the first step towards retaining long-term employees.
Big benefits of a successful program
Providing new employees with a well thought out and structured induction program can also have many other ongoing benefits. A successful program can expedite the long-term effectiveness of new employees to the business.
Some known benefits of investing in a successful program are:
- Each new team member feels comfortable and welcome from their first day in your business. Feeling welcome straightaway can help to maintain good teamwork and build loyalty.
- Knowing how the organisation works and outlining any responsibilities will ensure that new staff understand what is expected of them. They will be more able to make a valuable contribution to the success of the business in their role from day one.
- Assist in reducing absenteeism and staff turnover levels. For this reason costs are reduced for your business.
- Your business is seen as professional in your industry and can result in attracting potential new employees.
Certainly, as a business owner, while induction is a high priority, new staff can be “time bandits”. Indeed, time spent familiarising them with your business can be substantial combined with other workload pressures.
Most importantly, building employee value by getting your staff program right from day one can:
- save time in the long run
- is much more time and cost-efficient
- helps you retain the staff that best fit your expectations and business culture.
How we can help your unique business through induction
On Point Support can take care of this for you – organising documents and providing an engaging program for new staff to comply with your business needs. You can choose from our standard or fully customisable packages. Contact us if you’d like to know more.